Over the course of many weeks, students will gain a deeper understanding of their own practice and will learn how to teach individualized yoga practices according to any student’s needs.
• Learn the foundations of asanas, pranayamas, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques.
• Learn how to adjust and adapt postures for individuals with injuries or special needs.
• Read and discuss the fundamentals of yoga philosophy through study of the Yoga Sutras and The Bhagavad Gita.
• Gain a strong understanding of the principles of Ayurveda, the sister science of Yoga. Learn the ancient Vedic science of healing the body.
• Connect with and be supported by a community of yoga therapy practitioners.
Yoga Study – Reading and Homework: 50+ hours
The following books will be recommended. Weekly assignments will be based on their content and class discussions:
• A yoga manual will be provided on the first day of training ($50)
• Krishnamacharya, His Life and Teachings, A.G. Mohan (Read before training)
• Four Chapters on Freedom, Swami Satyananda Saraswati (Or a comparable yoga sutra book (read chapter one prior to training)
• The Living Ghita, Sri Swami Satchidananda
• Yoga for Wellness, Gary Krafstow
• Yoga Anatomy, Leslie Kaminof (Not mandatory, but extremely helpful)
Please fill out application and provide a deposit of $400 to secure your spot in the next teacher training.If you pay with pay pal please add $9.00 dollars.
Payment plan after you send in deposit.
The rest of the money needs to be paid either in full at the first day of training or in two installments. Half the first day of training and another at the 4th weekend of training.Thank you !