Over the course of many weeks, students will gain a deeper understanding of their own practice and will learn how to teach individualized yoga practices according to any student’s needs.
• Learn the foundations of asanas, pranayamas, mantra, meditation, and other traditional yoga techniques.
• Learn how to adjust and adapt postures for individuals with injuries or special needs.
• Read and discuss the fundamentals of yoga philosophy through study of the Yoga Sutras and The Bhagavad Gita.
• Gain a strong understanding of the principles of Ayurveda, the sister science of Yoga. Learn the ancient Vedic science of healing the body.
• Connect with and be supported by a community of yoga therapy practitioners.
Yoga Study – Reading and Homework: 50+ hours
The following books will be recommended. Weekly assignments will be based on their content and class discussions:
• A yoga manual will be provided on the first day of training ($50)
• Krishnamacharya, His Life and Teachings, A.G. Mohan (Read before training)
• Four Chapters on Freedom, Swami Satyananda Saraswati (Or a comparable yoga sutra book (read chapter one prior to training)
• The Living Ghita, Sri Swami Satchidananda
• Yoga for Wellness, Gary Krafstow
• Yoga Anatomy, Leslie Kaminof (Not mandatory, but extremely helpful)
Please see attached application and provide a deposit of $400 to secure your spot in the next teacher training.If you pay with pay pal please add $9.00 dollars.